Sunday, May 16, 2010

Strange Purpose

Hi,

I never thought I would start a blog, but I've decided that if people out there actually read these things, I might be able to get opinions from people outside my school or home environment, which would be a good idea in my opinion. I like the idea of everyone having unique life experiences that shape their opinions and identities, and I'd like to hear more...

I'm working on a project for my university's honors program, and I'm looking at how fairy tales can be devices for normative social control. What I want to know is this: If you are a girl, I'd like to know how fairy tales have been a part of your life and what influence you think they have had on your relationships and your expectations.

So...if anyone out there reads these, I'd love to hear a bit of your story. I like happy stories, sad stories, and everything in between!

Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment